Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Request Information About an Applicant


Dear Sir,

In response to an advertised job opportunity, we have received many resumes for the open position of (Name of Position) at our company. Of course, some applicants stand apart from the rest. (Name of Applicant) is one such individual. The experiences and qualifications detailed on his resume suggest that he would expertly perform the requirements of the (Name of Position) position. However, in addition to considering the applicant's documented experiences and credentials, in the process of finalizing our decision, I am contacting all of the references listed on the his resume.

Since you are one of the applicant's primary professional references, I am writing today to request your personal insight into (Name of Applicant)'s abilities and qualifications. At a time convenient to you, I would appreciate the opportunity to speak with you about the applicant, either over the phone or in person. My personal contact information is listed above.

I thank you in advance for your cooperation, and I look forward to hearing from you.

Your Sincerely,
[Your Name]

No comments:

Post a Comment