Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Cover Letter to Introduce Resume


Dear Sir,

I would like to be considered for the Senior Treasury Analyst position that you are advertising in the Cincinnati Herald. If you look over my enclosed resume, you will see that I have earned an MBA as well as a CPA. I believe this training, coupled with 10 years of experience in accounting and finance, fully qualifies me to fill this position.

I have worked in several large banking organizations where I have conducted various independent financial analysis projects. I am proficient in using GAAP and Excel, and have developed excellent organizational skills as well. For example, in my last position I modified several procedures, which significantly reduced the analysis time previously spent on company projects. Within eight months, this enabled my employer to save over $200,000 in operating expenses. I was subsequently named "Employee of the Year" and received a $5,000 bonus check at the annual banquet.

I would like to discuss my qualifications with you in person because I believe I can assist ABC Bank in reaching its analysis objectives. I will call next week to see if I can set up an interview with you at your convenience.
Yours Sincerely,
(Your Name)

No comments:

Post a Comment