Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Cover Letter

April 12, 2007

Mr. Recruiter
Director of Design
ABC Architectural Firm
One Boston Street
Boston, MA 02110

Dear Mr. Recruiter:

I will be graduating in June from the Harvard University Graduate School of Design with a Post-Professional Master's Degree in Landscape Architecture. Your firm came to my attention through Architecture Magazine’s profile of your most recent award for best low-income housing design. Enclosed please find a copy of my resume for your review.

Professionally, I have been involved as a project assistant for the planning and implementation of largescale community developments throughout the Denver region. As a project manager I was responsible for several community projects including Green Valley Ranch and Blue Rock Ranch. While in Dubai, UAE, I worked on the design development for EI Basra Hotel and Resort Community, as well as for several other resort projects.

Academically, I have focused on large-scale community projects as they relate to the issue of sustainability. Currently, my work is focused on the Stapleton Redevelopment Project with Mark Johnson of Civitas. In the studio, I have focused on how physical design can alter social behavior in differing neighborhood block patterns. I have also explored alternative mixed-use patterns that further advance
sustainability on a social and economic level. In my previous semester, I was involved with a project concerning regional issues of the Upper, Galilee, with Professor Carl Steinitz. The environmental,economic, and cultural implications that a range of population and industrial growth trends could cause to the region were the object of study in his studio class.

During the week of May 26th I will be visiting San Diego for a number of interviews. If possible, it would be wonderful to meet with you to discuss job opportunities at your firm. I will call you during the week of May 1st to inquire about your interest and to set up a convenient meeting time. Please let me know if you would like to receive additional work samples prior to my stay in San Diego. I can be reached at (617)555-yyyy or at me@gsd.harvard.edu.

Thank you for your time and consideration. I look forward to speaking with you soon.

Sincerely,
Hannah P. Student

No comments:

Post a Comment