Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Request Recommendation Letter #2

Dear Mr. Alan,

As I work toward the completion of my application for graduate schools, it has been important for me to identify the individuals best equipped to write letters of recommendation on my behalf. Clearly, of all my mentors you have contributed the most to my intellectual growth, and you have the best/clearest perspective on my experiences and abilities; and so I am writing today to ask for your support in my efforts to continue my education.

Although I know that you have many previous commitments and responsibilities, considering that my letters of recommendation are not due until (Date), I hope time will allow for you to assist me. I have enclosed the recommendation forms for each university to which I will apply. Of course, if for any reason you are not willing or simply not able to contribute a letter, I will understand. You have contributed much to my education already, and I remain deeply grateful.

Yours Faithfully,
[Your Name]

No comments:

Post a Comment